Terms and Conditions for MG Domestic
The following terms and conditions apply to all transactions processed by this site. Please read carefully and print a copy for reference.
- All prices are shown in £ sterling and include VAT but exclude any delivery charges.
- We reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time.
- The price you pay is the price displayed on this website at the time we receive your order, except in the instance where an error has occurred with the price shown on the website.
- Please note that prices go up and down on a daily basis.
- When placing an order you are purchasing the item(s) at the price(s) shown at that time.
- Should a price subsequently change after your delivery is placed we are unable to adjust your order to the new price.
- In the event that an error is discovered with the price of any goods you have ordered:
- We will inform you as soon as we can whereupon we will give you the option of amending your order at the correct price or cancelling it.
- If you cancel your order and have already paid for the goods we will give you a full refund.
- In the event that we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled.
- Payment can be made by most major credit cards (accept American Express & Diners Club Cards). We also accept any debit card.
- Full payment for your goods is taken when a new order is created.
- When placing your order over the phone or in store, you may be offered the choice of paying a deposit instead of pre-payment in full (e.g. for large orders or specialist items). This deposit is non-refundable should you choose to cancel the order after 14 days.
- We do not give out paper invoices. We will email an order summary to you if you have given us an email address.
- All products are subject to availability and may be changed at any time.
- If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund.
- If an order is received for a discontinued product we will automatically provide you with the up-to-date equivalent, providing it is available and the same price as the discontinued model. If this is not the case we will contact you.
- All purchases will be subject to a delivery charge, the exact cost will be listed on each product listing. Apart from selected items will be delivered Free of Charge (this will be listed as an option on qualifying products).
- We have options depending upon distance from our store address 140-144 Market Street Hyde Cheshire SK14 1EX. These options are as follows
- Collection from store
- Delivery within 15 miles from SK14 1EX based on google maps on the shortest driving route and not ‘as the crow flies’.
- Delivery within 15-25 miles (same criteria as above)
- Courier Delivery, Selected items are available for this delivery option, this will only be displayed if the product is suitable for our courier delivery, these items will be dispatched with 48 hours from time of order and delivered within three days of dispatch. Next days is available but please contact us for details as this will incur an extra charge.
- Direct Delivery, This is where a product is delivered direct from the manufacturer (or their selected distribution team) to you the customer, the price will vary depending upon your location and the selected product, please see individual product for precise cost or contact us on email@example.com or telephone 0161 368 3913.
- Upon delivery a signature will be required.
- Delivery dates are estimated at all times and may be delayed without prior notice (e.g. due to sudden stock shortages, manufacturing delays, or delivery vehicle breakdowns), which is why we strongly advise all customers not to book fitters until they have received the relevant goods, as no claims will be accepted. You can choose your own delivery timeslot on deliveries within 25 miles of SK14 1EX i.e. Morning or Afternoon delivery. Once issued your timeslot cannot be changed, therefore someone must be present at the delivery address and able to accept the goods upon arrival of our delivery vehicle.
- We aim to deliver within these delivery windows but do on rare occasions we may run over.
- If you find you cannot keep to the delivery date you must notify us before 12 noon one working day before delivery.
- Failed delivery charges (£20.00 Redelivery/£40.00 Cancellation) may be applied in the event that a delivery fails due to - but not limited to - any of the following reasons:
- You provide insufficient/incorrect contact details or an incorrect delivery address thereby resulting in our inability to contact you or otherwise make a successful delivery.
- There is no-one at the delivery address to accept delivery. You must ensure that you can be available on your chosen day of delivery.
- There are parking restrictions or other access problems (e.g. stairs or narrow doorways) which you failed to notify us of. At the point of order you must inform us of any restrictions otherwise you are agreeing that there are no such access or parking restrictions which we should be aware of.
- Certain products may be delivered up or down a flight of stairs. Call us to find out if the items you require can be delivered in this way.
- Whilst our own drivers are happy to wheel your product into an unobstructed room of your choice, we cannot be held responsible for any damage incurred. It is your responsibility to protect any floor coverings to prevent damage while the products are being situated in the property.
- We do not allow customers under any circumstances to assist the driver with delivery or handling of any of our products.
- Once the delivery has been accepted at the delivery address you have a duty of care for the goods. In the event that you, or a third party, transport the goods from the delivery address to another location we cannot be held responsible for any damages.
5. Damaged and Faulty Goods
- If your goods are damaged or faulty on delivery, we will replace the goods free of charge.
- Damaged goods must be reported within 48 hours of delivery.
- In the event that goods are received in a damaged state please retain the product together with any packaging and contact us within 48 hours of receipt with photographic evidence.
- In the case of an item being faulty we require an inspection by a manufacturer's qualified engineer to be carried out on the item in the location where it is installed. This is so the nature of the fault can be ascertained before we can arrange for a replacement or repair.
6. Unwanted Goods
- Do not install or use any unwanted items. This counts as acceptance of goods and the item is then non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your order within 30 days of receipt of the goods, without giving a reason. If you are not ordering a replacement, a charge of £30.00 will be incurred to collect the item from you.
- It’s important that any unwanted item, unless faulty, is returned in a re-saleable condition, and that it’s undamaged and unused.
- You must notify us of your wish to cancel within 7 days, starting the day after delivery.
- You have the choice of returning the goods via your own means to MG Domestic 140-144 Market Street, Hyde. SK14 1EX or requesting that we collect them at a cost of £30.00.
- You have a duty of care while the goods are in your possession and we reserve the right to charge you for any damage that may have occurred during this period.
- We do not accept returns and will not provide refunds under the following circumstances:
- The goods have been installed and/or used.
- If the goods you wish to return display slight wear we may be able to offer a reduced refund.
- Cables have been cut or terminated.
- Where a product has been made to order or specifically customized for you, unless faulty, we’re unable to refund or offer an exchange. We’re unable to accept cancellations for these orders, unless within 48 hours of the order being placed.
- Refunds will be reimbursed within 14 working days of the cancellation date.
- Before you buy a Gas or Electrical appliance, please check the dimensions of the delivery address for access (including doors, corridors, stairs and corners), as well as the proposed location, to confirm that the product is the right size for your needs, and so that we can deliver your order safely and successfully.
7. Additional Services
- If requested we will collect old appliances for recycling on a like-for-like basis when we deliver your new item(s). We make a charge for this service to cover collection and transportation. £10.00 Refrigeration, £5.00 any other item. The item(s) for removal must be disconnected if we are not carrying out the installation.
- We can only offer installation on purchases delivered within 25 miles of the store (SK14 1EX). If you live outside of this area, please contact us before placing your order, as we may still be able to offer installation on selected products, in selected areas.
- If you purchase the installation option outside of our 25 mile delivery area, we will contact you to discuss the options available and refund if required.
- Our installation service should be ordered at the time of making your purchase. Installation is only to current, available suitable services currently in place, we do not except any liability for failure to complete an appliance installation due to:
- The current services not meeting the correct standards for the new appliance.
- Extra installation works being delayed or unforeseen additional work that is found to be required.
- For Gas Installation this is carried out by a third party installer PHS Properties Limited (Gas Safe Engineer), who is to be paid direct once the installation is complete. (He has no facility to accept card payments).
9. Accuracy of Product Information
- All product information shown on the website is believed to be correct and accurate from the source material (i.e. manufacturer's documentation).
10. Data Security
- We will endeavour to take all possible reasonable care to keep all details of your order and payment secure. However in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorized access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering.
11. Manufacturer's Guarantees and Extended Warranties
- All items carry a minimum 12 months parts and labour guarantee issued by the manufacturer which is subject to provisions that the appliance:
- Has been used solely for domestic purposes and is on domestic premises; i.e. not for commercial or trade use.
- Has been used solely in accordance with the instruction book.
- Has not been subject to misuse, accident, modified or repaired by anyone other than the manufacturer's service engineers.
- Any appliance which has a guarantee over 12 months must be registered within 28 days of receipt to qualify for any additional years cover.
- We offer extended 5 year warranties which cover parts and labour which can be purchased over the telephone.
- These are underwritten by UK General Insurance Services and administered by Corporate Support Solutions Limited.
We use session cookies to track the goods that are added to your shopping basket, this cookie is essential so that the website can "remember" what products are in your shopping cart as you move from page to page. We also use a session cookie to validate that a human being is filling in a contact form by using a validation code. Session cookies expire once you have left this website, parts of the site will not work if these cookies are not permitted. If you do not wish to allow the use of these cookies you may leave this website and the cookie will expire / be removed.
We take all complaints very seriously. If you have a cause for complaint then please write to us at the address shown below.
14. Your Statutory Rights
None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer. We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions clauses wherever consumer statutory rights are not affected.
15. Store Details
140-144 Market Street
VAT Reg. No.: 440 2427 88